Wednesday, December 10, 2008

4 more days...

There are literally 4 more days until my JAMtastic ways may slightly be considered immature. ha, okay, maybe not so much, but that's when I get waaaay too close to the mighty age of 30. And really, I can't believe it myself that I've made it to see the age 25 (so far). 25 is not a bad age to be, but it just seems like that huge age where you absolutely..positively need to act your age, be your age, be mature, sophisticated, you know actually bring something to the table in life. haha, however, now that I think about it, I felt the same way when I was going from 19 to 20 (you know..no longer having the 'teen' part on the end of it) and then going from 20 to 21. 21 is the beginning of people no longer taking perhaps the B.S. you learned to love to escape reality with. And now that I get to think about it some more while at work at the assignment desk (before TLA begins) haha, my mom would laugh every time I got to be a year older from when I was probably 16 yrs. old. I don't think she laughs because it's completely hilarious that I've lived to see that day, ha, even though that could be pretty funny. I think she (and I) both laugh because once upon a time in what we call the 'dark ages' making it to 16...21..and then 25 weren't really on the immediate list of ages that I would evolve to be and see.

So with that in mind, I'm stoked I get to finally celebrate in the Key Club's 'Plush Lounge' through Sean Healy. I was disputing between the Knitting Factory and the Key Club, but in the end the Key Club made more sense. I wanted to throw a different kind of party..plus I like to celebrate these "special" kind of ages (13, 16, 21, and now 25..lol I hope I have the funds to pull an amazing 30..lol). and YES I did celebrate 13..lol what can I say, my Haitian side allows me to spread my partying ways..lol wow, that sounded bad.

13 years old - I was in Garden Grove, lol my very first co-ed party at my mom's house. Potato sack races, playing games in the street..lol and I think after the boys went home, most of the girls spent the night and we went 'TPing'..Yes, Toilet Papering, lol and my mom drove us (that's when people didn't get so sensitive about their houses or at least had some kind of humor behind it). Ah, yes, my buddy and next door neighboor got lost after we got caught TPing Travis Johnson's house. ha, man they got us back good. The boys at his house came back and TPed my place and added a little somethin somethin called dog poop. ah, so great. lol, talk about having a nostalgic moment.


16 years old - ah, by this time I was pretty settled into being in the city of Irvine and going to Irvine High. I had my little "Sweet 16" version, lol, obviously before they made the MTV version with all these blinged out kids. I think mine was a modest partay. lol It was at the Irvine Hyatt with some of my close buddies and family. Some of my friends and I rolled up fashionably late in a limo, lol have the good ole pics and video this time. I think that was one of the first times people (and maybe including myself) had seen me begin my little transformation (that who knew would take until 25 to grasp lol).


21 years old - haha, well that was a fking blast. There were a bunch of buddies and all of my Pitzer College peeps that partied it up at the beach house. We were fortunate enough to bus my Pitzer peeps to the house so that everyone could be safe - no drinking and driving. Man, that was awesome times. lol, we had an open bar..the great DJ Jiji Sweet getting down on the 1's and 2's and it was pretty packed.


25 years old - haha, Lets see..I wanted to do it at the beach house again to share that experience with my new found buddies and my real buddies, but we'll save that for some other day hopefully. lol well that and plus it was a no-go on the permission statement. lol so what other way to put something together with my buddy and teammate Sean Healy, through the awesome - Sean Healy Presents...

{click the flyer pic for the entire flyer and info}
Photobucket
{Yes, my bday is the 14th..but the party will be on the 19th}

I hope those of you can make it, but I understand if you're married, have kids, are busy, lol or just can't or don't want to make it. lol c'est la vie...and life will surely go on.

The Plush Lounge is a really low-key cool spot..comfy booths and great security. lol, those are my PEEPS. lol plus I'm stoked to throw a theme party - lol, never really been one for themes..lol, but 80's & 90's music I'm looking forward to especially since the current music presented to world is weak sauce.

No comments: