Tuesday, December 2, 2008

25 years in the making..lol

..Now that Thanksgiving is over and done with and Christmas is around the corner..ha, and it happens to be getting closer and closer to my 25th year since my conception ... my brain is kind of scattered, but focused all at the same time. I'm excited and anxious for what the future has in store... I'm loving work..haha and I'm getting a kick out of this Youtube vblog thing I've created. While I could simply delete the negative comments I get on them, I choose to keep them. I think it's important to thoroughly accept and understand not everyone will like you or the content you create. Surprisingly I'm taking it pretty well, I think it's more funny than anything else. lol But once I saw my video on 'News Raw' air on Universal (NBC) while I was working on the 5PM show, it made me realize that even without the sound (since I was at work - so it needed to be on mute city) it needs to look more interesting rather than ONLY ranting. haha I've noticed every time I feel that moment of 'speaking my mind' about something that I pick up the camera and just go - zero hesitation, lmao 'balls to the wall' as they put it. I am a very opinionated person, lol but there needs to be more structure in the thought. lol


[lol, this is actually the one they put on tv, lol..my earlier ones before I wore at least a cuter top..lol]

I intend on creating more and BETTER content, lol especially not so much ranting..lol I'll still have the 'JAMtastic' kind of humor, but it needs to be a bit more formatted. So expect some different types of vblogs..and definitely please continue to give me your brutal honesty as I see that being the crucial way that I can progress. Also if you've got any questions and need help on how to solve an issue in your life, I want to start sharing some JAMtastic advice with others.. so you can leave a comment/question here or always feel free to e-mail me at: jameela.hammond@gmail.com :0)



So now that my face happens to be a BIT more out there between being on 'News Raw Inside' for the morning meetings in the background lol or when I'm a goofy goober when Cary puts the camera on me, I'm enjoying every moment of this process - Learning the CORRECT way of (Broadcast) writing, working other shifts, working my normal a.m. shift with what my what my youngest brohams like to call Uncle Chris and Auntie Jenn (lol, it was when my brohams visited and met them), learning what other jobs consist of, learning the thought process behind being productive in news. I'm loving it, lol. Things in my life are starting to make a bit more sense at least as far as my career goals and mentally/physically where I need to be if I want to be on camera, lol ya dig. But this is all great practice for me. haha, I gotta lose the weight before it means anything and get the different types of broadcast writing down (vo, package, live)..lol i'm just stoked to be there and learning from folks that are in the top market (for a reason). And I'm incredibly fortunate that they would even take the time out to help lil ole me.

News Raw Inside: Oct. 23, 2008

[lol, go to the 9 min. mark]


News Raw Inside: Nov 26, 2008
http://www.nbclosangeles.com/station/tv_channels/News_Raw_Inside_November_26__2008_Los_Angeles.html

[lol, go to the 12 min. mark]


So now I'm faced with a couple of trivial notions that I must quickly or at least very soon make a decision about...
- Am I still going to apply for grad school for Broadcast Journalism @ USC's Annenberg School?
- lol how in the world am I going to celebrate my 25th bday in a cost effective kind of manner? [lol unfortunately, the beach house is not an option]


..in the meantime, I've got to rid this thing called...the sniffles..and stick with the mini exercising I can do from home (push ups on those twisty handle thingys, sit-ups, jumping jacks..and some how work in some cardio/and butt exercises in there..maybe do those step workouts..lmao). Anyhoot, I still have much work to do, but I wanted to check-in with my journey. :0)


haha, and part ways with you for a moment..leaving you with one of the best songs and videos..lol..soo great. lmao..

Spongebob Goofy Goober Song

No comments: