Monday, January 12, 2009

2009?

So it's kind of been some time since I've written on here...LOL, so here I am.

Today was a pretty low-key yet somehow subconsciously one of those 'thought-provoking' kind of days I suppose. After receiving my 2nd 'Red Flag Day' parking ticket within the past 2 months - this past weekend.. I needed to focus on life.

...After taking my mom home from the airport I figured I needed to get out town for a bit and at least escape to a different COUNTY. So I'm staying at mom's tonight. Not much relaxing, but the kind that can be mixed with the family kind of tough love and having some kind of privacy. If there's anyone tougher on myself, it would be my mom and the eldest of the brohams, Chris. My mom brought some valid points to the our many series of convos on the way up to her house. ha, having no radio in the car will tend to do that I suppose. (Yeah, I still haven't replaced it since the last New Years Eve that my car got broken into). I've noticed there's a reason I've been coming to visit my mom and brother more often. Other than trying to make good on my mess-ups..I want to be around that honest and brutal love that you get when living under the same roof or at least having a bit of an extended stay. I kind of miss living with my mom and bro...I haven't been continuously under the same roof as them since leaving for college -- 8 years ago. So I truly cherish the time I have when it's more than just a visit or going to my brother's football game together.

Nowadays I rarely get the same amount of sleep as my body was once used to..but it's all for a good reason. Plus I fed the homeless on saturday morning again. I was stoked to make their morning and bring a buddy along this time around.

However, I still feel I need to step it up...and keep stepping it up because this economy is legitimately out of control. Not just because it's a new year - - every day is a new day, every day..every moment is a new way to live, love, laugh..and enjoy life as much as possible. Enjoy the journey, enjoy the process...it makes each accomplishment, each feat that much more meaningful. Life is a blessing..sometimes it may be hard to realize all of that, but each step / each person ...is prepping us. So are you ready?

No comments: